Partnership in Education (PiE)
As parents/guardians of
students at Hinesburg Community School, you are automatically part of PiE. You are a Partner in Education. We work together - parents, teachers, staff, administration - to enrich our school community.
We partner for our own
children, all HCS students, and for
the community to create the best
educational experience so our children can succeed
today and beyond…
course, there are special projects
like the Garden for which some of us share our time and talents. Get involved! We plan to meet every month on the 3rd Thursday at 6:30, check this page for details as sometimes the meetings change. Contact a PiE Chairperson.
Monday, Jan. 16 - No School - MLK Day
Proficiency Based Learning - Part 2 - Thursday, Jan. 19th - 6:30 in the Flex Space
Spring Teacher Grant Applications Due - Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017
PiE Planning Mtg. - Thursday, Feb. 16 at 6:30 in the Flex Space
BOX TOPS DUE - Monday, Feb. 20. Class vs. Class competition - winner gets a pizza party!
Family Dance - Friday, March 10th, 6:00-8:30pm
We regularly post information about upcoming events in the school newsletter the Viking, and on Facebook .
If you missed the Parent Information Night "All About Academics" on March 8, 2016, click here to see a PDF of the presentation by the HCS Administrators and guest panel members from CVU.
If you missed 4th grade teacher Jen Roth's presentation at the April 2, 2015 meeting,
follow this link to learn more about Supporting Your Student at Home.
Here are some resources from previous Information Nights:
- To support Hinesburg Community School.
- To develop and nurture a partnership between Hinesburg families and HCS so that the parents/guardians and teachers may cooperate in the intellectual, physical, and social development of each child.
- To build a strong and cohesive school community.
- To enhance the educational experience of our students through grants and other donations.
- To provide a forum for parents/guardians and other members of the community to discuss school policies, procedures, curricula, budgets, and other initiatives affecting the school as a whole.
- To encourage the participation of parents/guardians and other members of the community in the decision-making process by offering their expertise and serving the school through volunteering on one or more of its Committees, activities or projects.
click here to read the starfish story